Some weeks ago I decided to re-activate my old Athlon64 with Windows Vista to play a little bit with older hardware and build a Vista/XP/Xubuntu triple boot configuration for testing purposes. For Windows Vista’s upcoming 10th year anniversary and end of support date I decided to fix two bugs in AutoplayMM, that I also started to develop in 2007. So 8 years after last AutoplayMM version (2009) we now have an update to 1.12.
The new version fixes a bug, that occured with version 1.71 and caused imz compressed images to be twice as large as necessary and partially unreadable by several tools (including the Windows integrated zip support).
The new version of USB Image Tool adds support for UASP based devices, which are now detected correctly. It also now holds the lock between restore and verify process to prevent Windows to create the volume information between both steps, which was causing the verify to fail. The download link can be found as usual on the download page.
I have found the bug, that caused the troubles with version 1.67 and Windows XP. Version 1.70 now requires .NET 4.0 again, but also supports Windows XP. I also fixed the option for scrolled output in the command line tool.
This version fixes a small GUI bug, where the favorite tab buttons were no longer visible.
With version 1.67 I switched to .NET 4.0, but somehow this caused compatibility issues with Windows XP. I couldn’t figure out what exactly is the reason for this only happening on Windows XP, but for now I switched back to .NET 3.5 to retain Windows XP compatibility. I have to investigate this a little bit more.
USB Image Tool 1.67 now detects the media insertion/removal for media for card readers and provides volume tags for the automatic file name suggestion. I also fixed a bug that sometimes showed Code: 0 as last Windows error code. On the technical side with this version I switched to VS2013 and .NET 4.0 (previous versions were still built with VS2010 and .NET 3.5). Minimum required OS is still Windows XP.
This version fixes the mandatory verify in the command line tool, which now correctly interprets the command line switch /v.
Update: Seems that the download link still pointed to the wrong version (1.65). This should be fixed now.
The new version contains some bugfixes for imz compressed image files. Details can be found in the changelog.
Version 1.64 is just a minor update, making the MD5 hashes having the correct CRLF sequence.