Not working in WinPE

USB Image Tool support forum
arinci

Re: Not working in WinPE

Post by arinci »

Alex wrote:I updated the 1.75b again. Visual styles should now be disabled for dialogs as well. -novs should not be necessary anymore, as the presence of visual styles in the OS should now be auto-detected.
Hello Alex, tried again with your latest build but problem is still present...probably the problem is not due to visual styles. Have you tried my WINPE ISO file?
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

I downloaded it, but not tried yet. Because of the dialogs were now also in the old non-visual style, I had hope it might work now. Guess I will try the image now. Thanks for testing.
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Updated the zip again. Running with -novs now also works with dialogs (tested it with the ISO). Unfortunately the auto detection doesn't seem to work, as WinPE reports the visual styles to be present (which they seem to be), but somehow the dialogs are not.
arinci

Post by arinci »

Tested. This release seems to work fine with the -novs switch.
Would be nice if the software would be able to autodetect the condition where the visual styles are not available and switches to the "safe mode", with no user intervention...

Tomorrow I'l test again trying to do a restore of a bootable ESXi USB key and then I will update the thread.

Kudos to Alex for this great work! :P