Another disk image utility

USB Image Tool support forum
IRJustman

Another disk image utility

Post by IRJustman »

Hi, all.

Found my way here via the LiberKey's inclusion of USB Image Tool in its library.

First of all, I'm very happy with this utility thus far. I'm using it to image one of my USB keys so I can work with its contents quickly while I reconcile its contents with a newer version of that same key which I bought later (I had thought I lost the one I'm imaging, but found it later).

Anyway, wanted to tell you about another tool I use to work with disk and filesystem images, http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html/#ImDisk. It apparently can handle device files as either filesystems or entire drives. I imaged that USB stick in question on my laptop in volume mode, and the resulting image mounted just fine.

I haven't played with either too deeply yet, but I really like these applications. Will have to take a look at the other image device driver that was recommended in another thread. It already looks nice to me since I can use it to mount VMDK files.

Thanks!

--IJ.
IRJustman

Re: Another disk image utility

Post by IRJustman »

Actually, it turns out that OSFMount is based directly upon ImDisk with additional code added.

--IJ.