Output of l switch cuts volume path to 11 characters

USB Image Tool support forum
rliuap

Output of l switch cuts volume path to 11 characters

Post by rliuap »

The l switch (that is, "usbitcmd l") list all drives' device numbers, friendly name, volume name, volume path and drive size, which is good information. However, if a drive is mounted to an empty folder (with no drive letter assigned), only the first 11 characters of the folder path are listed.

I understand this may not be a common case but I almost run out drive letters on my computer due to multiple hard drives with each having multiple partitions plus DVD, mapped network drives and external drives that also have multiple partitions. So I have to mount some USB drive to empty NTFS folders, which are about 35 characters long. So the list from the l switch does not show which device number represents which drive because the folder path is cut at 11th character (which is the parent folder of the mounted folder). So I have no idea which device number I should use if I want to image a particular drive.

I would appreciate it if Alex could lift the limit to longer strings (I believe the program already has the whole path in code. It is cut just for display porposes).

I have been comparing similar programs and yours works the best so far. Thanks!
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Output of l switch cuts volume path to 11 characters

Post by Alex »

I have limited the volume description to 11 characters, to make the whole line fit into the default 80 character limit of a command line prompt. You can still list the devices in detailed mode, but currently there is no option to list the devices in tabular form longer than 80 characters. Maybe I can extend it in the next version by getting the command prompt width and adding the extra space to the volume description, but this would require, that you change the default settings for the command line prompt.