Code: 1 Incorrect Function

USB Image Tool support forum
bobs

Code: 1 Incorrect Function

Post by bobs »

I'm having a problem with USBIT that I'm hoping can be solved. I get the same results on 2 separate PCs with multiple usbsticks. Both are i7 PCs. Both PCs have been setup with similar software on Win 7 64bit. After about 7 or 8%, backup or recovery fails with the Code: 1 Incorrect Function. This is in gui and non gui mode. Antivirus has been disabled and all file explorer windows are closed.

Using the same PC, I can start a VM of Win7 32bit using VMware and use usbit successfully within the VM.

Any advice on what to try next or at least to figure out what is causing the problem?
Alex
Site Admin

Re: Code: 1 Incorrect Function

Post by Alex »

Best chance is to narrow down the problem.

Is it happening on USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports?
Is it always the same percentage for the same flash drive? Can you see a pattern in drive size/percentage?
Are the PCs similar/identical (same Intel Chipset, i7 generation (Sandy, Ivy, Haswell)?
Can you test it with another CPU/Chipset (older Core2Du or AMD)?
Have you some unrecognized hardware components in the control panel? -> http://www.alexpage.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=440
Can you test it with another imaging software (WinImage f.e.)?
bobs

Re: Code: 1 Incorrect Function

Post by bobs »

Before I saw your post I went on an uninstall spree and discovered it was the Acronis Drive Monitor. My version of drive monitor didn't appear to do anything with USB drives so I had never considered it a suspect.

Thank you for the quick reply.