Old Forum: Thanks and Some Info (Damien)

USB Image Tool support forum
Alex
Site Admin

Old Forum: Thanks and Some Info (Damien)

Post by Alex »

Alex,

I just want to thank you for your hard work on this tool. It is simply awesome and I trust that it will bring you good fortune.

I have found a few solutions that has helped me to master the bootable usb device with your software.

1. This is a biggie, UAC (user account controls) must be turned off in order to image a usb device in device mode. It will give the code 32 error mentioned earlier if UAC is turned on. It will also greyout the option to change from volume mode (if UAC is turned on).

2. Freeware tools I have used successfully (can be googled to locate)

* MultibootISOS - Create a multiboot live usb drive to image
* EASEUS Partition master Home - For all partiition resizing/deleting/creating needs
* WinSetupFromUSB-1 0-beta 6 - Add xp and windows 7 cd bootable option (if you
do this one first, you can then use multibootisos to add linx distros)
* WinContig - defrag iso images to be used in multibootisos program if you get a
contingency error when trying to boot)
* ImageMagick-6.6.6-1 - Edit the grub boot loader splash image (not easy, google
for an easy to follow document on how to do this)
* CutFile - Version on softpedia, I used your suggestion to first create a
partition size a bit smaller (about 80MB) before imaging and then cutting the
unallocated partition space with this tool. This has allowed me to distribute
images to different devices and accounts for the variations in usb device sizes.
This was the only tool i tried that did not corrupt the image file after the cut.

Again, thank you for producing a wonderful program. I will surely donate after the holidays when I am able.

Damien