Writing to many USB Devices

USB Image Tool support forum
tony0903

Re: Writing to many USB Devices

Post by tony0903 »

I am trying to do exactly as the other user suggested, writing to many usb drives connected to a hub. once I started the first operation, I tried to select another drive to restore and it wont let me. am I doing something wrong? thanks for your help, great tool by the way!
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Did you use the same target device? You should be able to select multiple drives one after another and start restore operations. Did you get any error message?
tony0903

Post by tony0903 »

thanks for your reply. I have a feeling im just doing something wrong. these are the steps I followed;
1.insert usb to be imaged, select backup and save image to desktop.
2. insert blank usb into available slots on usb hub (each shows up on the left side with a different letter assigned)
3. select the first drive available, the select restore and choose the image file saved to my desktop

up to this point everything works perfect

4. try to select the next drive from the list on the left, wont allow me to select anything. no error messages.

all drives are the exact same
using windows 8.1

always images the first drive fine.

your help is really appreciated as this is something im going to be doing ALOT and your tool looks like it could be life saver for me
thanks
Tony
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

I rechecked this functionality on my Windows 7 machine and it was working fine. I was able to select each drive from my 3 port hub and select & restore a different image to it.

From what you are describing it seems to me, that you are not able to select the other drives.

Is the first drive always quickly stealing the focus back from the other drives? Can you see the screen/devices list flickering as if it is constantly refreshed?

Please take a look at this topic. Maybe it's something similar.
http://www.alexpage.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=440
tony0903

Post by tony0903 »

alex, I didn't notice anything like what your describing. but I do have a windows 7 machine here that I can test. then we will know if im just an idiot, or there is a windows 8 compatibility issue..lol. I will keep you posted
thanks
Tony